I’m a registered social worker and have been working as a Positive Behaviour Support Specialist for the past ten years. In that time I’ve worked as a clinician, manager and trainer, with some of the largest therapy providers in WA. I am now working as a sole provider.
I am highly passionate about the Positive Behaviour Support approach (PBS). This means:
- Working together with the person with a disability and their support team to better understand and meet their needs,
- Focussing first and foremost on improving quality of life, and
- Ensuring the human rights of people with disabilities are upheld at all times.
In everything I do, I am lead by my personal and professional values. These values are:
- Acceptance – I accept you as you are.
- Strengths-based – I focus on what is amazing about you.
- Constant growth – I push myself to go outside my comfort zone.
- Innovation – I explore new ways of doing things.
- Genuine – I work with honesty and authenticity.
- Connection – I develop strong relationships with everyone I work with.